Friday, February 27, 2009

Getting Older...


It's amazing how quickly time goes by.  I remember back, a few years ago, when I thought people in their thirties were "old"...And now that I am past thirty, I am glad.  I'm glad for many reasons, which can seem silly and other not so much.  

First of all, I made it to thirty.  We tend to think that we will live to do and see things that we want, without realizing sometimes how fragile life is.  Many people don't make it to their thirties, and the fact that I have, is a blessing.  I am healthy.  I have a loving family, with a young baby that is the light of my life.  My parents are still living and healthy, as are some of my grandparents.  My brother is a happy and loving person, who will soon, God willing, be a father a well.  I get along with my "extended" family.  I have friends in many places, that I adore, miss, keep in touch with and wish I could see more often.  I have a best friend that is a sister to me, and has been for over 26 years now. Also, having a roof over our heads, food on the table at every meal, the ability to buy things that we need and want, and to be able to study and travel every so often all have to do with the reason that I am glad and blessed to be in my thirties.   Now, as I look into the future, I think that 60 is young, because if you can make it there, with the things I mentioned above, you have so much to live for!  

Live life to the fullest.  Don't stop dreaming because you're getting older.  Enjoy and be thankful for every day you have!  Live, laugh and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment