Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dedicated to my dearest friend, my sister...

I can't express how grateful I am for having you in my life!  Since you are going to be a new mom, anytime now, I wanted to share this poem that was given to me during my baby shower...

In heaven, the story goes that when the time came for a little angel to be born as a baby, she asked God:

-  I hear you are sending me down soon and I wonder, how will I survive?  I am so small and fragile and my wings are not that strong..."

- And God replied:  "From among many, I have chosen a special Angel for you, who awaits your arrival and will always care for you."

- "Here in heaven, all I do is smile and sing.  Is that enough to be happy?"

- "Your Angel will sing to you, will smile at you every day, will play with you...and you will feel a deep love that will make you happy."

- "How will I understand them down there?  I do not speak their language!?"

- "Your Angel will talk to you with kind, beautiful words and with love and tenderness, she will tutor you to understand and be fluent in it."

- "What will I do if I want to speak with you?"

- "Your Angel will put your tiny hands together and she will teach you to pray: that is how you will be able to speak to me."

- "Father, I hear there are malicious men on earth.  Who will defend me from them?"

- "If necessary, your Angel will defend you and guard you with her own life!"

- "I will be sad as I will never see you again."

- "Your Angel will talk to you about me.  She will show you the path to return to me.  Do not fear, I will always be with you."

Heaven was peaceful, voices from earth were heard, and the little angel, feeling rushed and agitated, with tears in her little eyes said:

- "Lord, I am leaving already; tell me her name, what is my Angel's name?"

- "Her name does not matter, you will always call her... MOM."



No comments:

Post a Comment